Click Here To Read More About The Episode
What Is An Audio Story?
An Audio Story is exciting and engaging anecdotal stories and ideas formed into a tight, easy to consume magical adventure to the ears of your listener.
One highly produced podcast story experience + three creatively constructed interview episodes = a visually stimulating and informative audio “movie”.
8 Reasons Why You Need The Audio Story Format
Competition and Differentiation – Stand out in the competitive world of podcasts that is comprised of more than 95% interview formats.
Editorial Quality Control – Attention to detail in editing means your content sounds compelling, interesting and of the highest quality.
Multiple Pieces of Audio Content – Allows you to leverage multiple podcast pieces from one episode, with interview episodes as stems or a standalone episode.
Illustrate a Large and Important Point – Stories come across as more memorable and powerful. The audience will learn more by listening to relatable stories than simply a spiel of information.
Gaining Authority and Enabling Higher Prices – Publishing regular content on a podcast will show that you are an expert and experts justify premium prices.
Attract and Convert Ideal Customers/Clients- Reach out to your audience by answering their questions and solving their problems through storytelling.
Personal and Passive – The nature of audio lends itself to be almost like personal storytime with the audience which can make them interested, entertained and ultimately trust you.
Gain Visibility and New Audiences – Increase your chances of being known, reach more people with the growing popularity of podcasts, and collaborate with like-minded people.
The Audio Story Process
- Planning and Strategy – setting your “why” objectives and organising guests, interviews and schedules.
- Ideation & Story Scaffolding – brainstorming problems and solutions, drafting interview questions, deciding on a story, music and sound effects.
- Recording – best practices for highest quality audio, recording interviews which create the stems and foundation for the main audio story
- Post Production – scripts are finalised for the audio story, recording narration, audio sweetening and mastering of episodes, feedback and revisions made
- Publish & Promotion – the critical step of finding the target audience, educating them, building awareness and obtaining more qualified listeners
The below image is an example of an “Audio Story” Script
Download our Audio Story PDF Deck to share with others here