Are you looking to grow your podcast and increase its reach? In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the powerful framework of high value, high volume, and consistency that can take your podcast to new heights. By implementing this proven strategy, you can attract a larger audience, engage with your listeners, and establish a successful brand in the competitive world of podcast production and content creation. Whether you’re a seasoned podcaster or just starting out, this guide will provide valuable insights and practical tips to help you create compelling content that resonates with your target audience. Get ready to unlock the true potential of your podcast and achieve lasting success!
In this article, you’ll learn;
- 🏗️How the high value, high volume and consistent framework actually works in growing your podcast
- 🤖 Eight ChatGPT Prompts to Create Better Podcast Content
- 🎙️The Top Mistakes Podcasters & Content Marketers Make
- 🎚️How to use the “volume negates luck” rule in your own podcast
🏗️ How the high value, high volume, consistent framework actually works in growing your podcast
In the classic 80s movie “The Last Dragon” by Berry Gordy, the main character, “Bruce Leroy” Green, looks to find the ultimate level of martial arts mastery and become the “Last Dragon.” Bruce Leroy is in search of “The Master” throughout the whole movie which will give him the answers to all of his burning questions about life.
He runs to his sensei for magical answers and finds nothing. Then from one fortune cookie-themed scavenger hunt to another for an answer. His journey to greatness is not without its challenges, as Bruce Leroy faces opposition from the villainous Sho’nuff and must overcome his own doubts and fears.
Similarly, in the world of content creation, we often seek out a magical formula that will guarantee success and make us the ultimate Content Master.
The stakes are high for Bruce Leroy and for us as content creators. Failure means settling for mediocrity and never realizing our full potential or worse, your product/service not to be seen by more people which would generate more value for you and them. But by embracing the magical content formula of commitment and consistency, we can overcome any obstacle and achieve greatness. The punchline of “The Last Dragon” is that the true power lies within us all along, and the same is true for content creation. The formula may not be magical, but the results are very real and achievable if we are willing to show up each day and put in the work.
In content creation, I’ve created a new “magical” framework where you can get the output of high-performing content. I’ve named this formula “The Pod Paste Content Universe” or PCU for short.
But the irony is that there is nothing magical about this formula. Not to get woo-woo and self-helpy (it’s what I do best though). The magic really just comes from commitment within you. Yes, it’s INSIDE YOU like the Last Dragon. It’s having the ability to post high value at a high volume consistently.
Get that I didn’t say “High Quality”. As I’ve mistakenly done in the past, value can easily get confused with quality – more on that below.
And now before you go “Daren… that’s a lot of work to do I’ve got a podcast to start, content to make, and a business”. I know that creating content that is all three things can be challenging, but it is essential for building a successful brand.
In the future, I’ll look breakdown “The PCU” to help you, your brand, or your company create high-quality content that resonates with your audience.
But just for a short cheat sheet so you can remember, here are a few quick definitions of what the three tenants of the PCU refer to.
While all of these three areas are important, if you don’t deliver value to the end consumer it’s all a waste of your time
- Teach someone how to do something they didn’t know how to do or didn’t know what something meant
- Solve a problem that people have
- Entertain them in some way
Examples: Memes, Jokes, Inspirational quotes, people in skimpy/tight clothes that are barely appropriate on the beach, etc.
- This is subjective to your needs, industry, resources available, etc.
- The rule of thumb is turning one long piece of content into multiple pieces
- Saying the same message throughout and accepting that everyone isn’t seeing your stuff and even if they do, they need to hear the message more than once in different formats (video, audio, written, photos, infographics, quotes, animation, etc)
- Doing this at whatever cadence you can sustain for as long as possible
- Example 1: For my content and podcast production business it’s a 10-20 minute newsletter, podcast, and video release once a month. Then we publish short-form content to promote the long-form content 3-4 times per week that
- Example 2: For my personal running brand, I publish 2-3 long-form pieces of content (written, audio, video) per month. Then I publish short-form content 4-6 times per week.
- All of the above have been tested over time and are sustainable
- At minimum – I wouldn’t do less than one long-form piece of content and three short-form pieces of content per day
- At max – I wouldn’t do more than one long form per week and one – two short-form pieces per day.
One piece of content from someone
🤖 8 ChatGPT Prompts to Create Better Podcast Content
In this article, Castos delve into the world of ChatGPT, an advanced AI developed by OpenAI, and explore its relevance for podcasters. ChatGPT, short for “Generative Pre-trained Transformer,” is a versatile language model designed to assist with various tasks. It’s essentially like having a smart virtual assistant that excels in synthesizing information, conducting research, and generating content. By leveraging ChatGPT effectively, podcasters can streamline their content creation process, enhance productivity, and produce high-quality content for their audiences.
What is ChatGPT and OpenAI? ChatGPT is a product of OpenAI, an organization dedicated to developing friendly AI for the benefit of humanity. OpenAI conducts research across multiple AI-related fields and provides tools and platforms for developers and researchers to create innovative AI applications. The “GPT” in ChatGPT stands for “Generative Pre-trained Transformer,” a powerful neural network architecture extensively used in natural language processing.
Why is it important? ChatGPT serves as an invaluable resource for podcasters as it can simplify various aspects of content creation. It can generate interview questions, suggest engaging podcast topics, and even help transform episode transcripts into other content forms like summaries, quotes, and social media posts. By harnessing the capabilities of ChatGPT, podcasters can save time, improve the quality of their content, and keep their audience engaged.
How to Implement This for Your Podcast Right Now: To get started with ChatGPT for your podcast, follow these steps:
- Research Guests and Generate Interview Questions: Use ChatGPT to create thought-provoking interview questions tailored to your guest. Provide context in your prompts for more insightful responses. Iterate and refine questions to dig deeper into your guest’s expertise.
- Generate Topics for Your Show: Combat creator’s block by asking ChatGPT to suggest podcast topics based on your show’s focus. Make sure to explain your podcast’s niche for more relevant ideas. Further, refine your chosen topics for a comprehensive episode outline.
- Transform Transcripts into Other Content: To promote your podcast effectively, use ChatGPT to convert episode transcripts into summaries, impactful quotes, and even tweet threads for social media. Remember to give ChatGPT specific instructions on style and content, and don’t forget to proofread the AI-generated content before publishing.
Read the full article here.
One piece of content from me
🎙️The Top Mistakes Podcasters & Content Marketers Make
Are you tired of creating the same old boring content that nobody seems to engage with? Do you want to create content that is fresh, exciting, and actually drives results for your brand? Look no further than video podcasts!
In a panel discussion with Sydney, Australia’s top content creators we cover how to use video podcasts as branded content.
Learn it all here.
What You’ll Learn
- [00:02:10] Learning from Twitter
- [00:03:51] TikTok’s growth and marketing.
- [00:08:49] What’s next?
- [00:10:35] Chopping content for scalability.
- [00:15:02] Coming up with ideas.
- Learning by doing
- Understanding your platform and the best way to do it
- The power of non-marketing content
- How and why your content should stack starting from a podcast
- Much More
🗣️Quote & Actionable task
“VOLUME NEGATES LUCK”@Alex Hormozi
This is a perfect three-word summary of how posting consistent, high value and high-volume content will help you beat the algorithms (or make it so that they don’t matter).
Go out there and take off your perfect suit. Just put out content that you know is good (this is not permission to be sloppy and put out trash) and naturally get better at doing the content.
That’s a wrap for Nov 2023!